Weekly Theme Show#1 December 7-13, 2022

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
stevet1 Senior Member • Posts: 1,223
Weekly Theme Show#1 December 7-13, 2022

"Anything goes in this thread (as long as DPReview's general standards are not violated): any camera; any subject; any post-processing; etc. Recent images you have created in the past week or two are much preferred but not required. A little background on where, how and why you made the image(s) you posted would add interest. By posting here, you are inviting constructive criticism and general discussion of your images. Please share your expertise by providing constructive criticism on photos others have posted."

A person may enter the Theme Week as many times as they want, but limit the photographs to no more than 4 (four) photos at a time.

This week's Theme is:

Photographs Taken From an Unusual Position

This could be sitting, crouching, laying down, hanging from the rafters by your heels upside down, standing on one leg, etc.

Here's my entry:

I took this photo wirelessly with a tripod mounted about one foot off the ground and using a Samsung Android tablet. The camera was a Canon T8i with a 55-250mm lens. The settings were f/16, ss at 1/100, ISO 5000.

It was about 90 degrees outside, and while the camera was out in the sun, I sat down in a camp chair in the shade about 20' away.

I called it, "Chicken's on the menu tonight".

Steve Thomas

P.S. please feel to offer a suggestion for next week. I'll pick someone at random.

stevet1's gear list:stevet1's gear list
Canon EOS Rebel T8i (EOS 850D) Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS STM Canon EF 50mm F1.8 STM Canon EF-S 18-135mm F3.5-5.6 IS USM
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow