Pa329c asus proart calibration accuracy issue on Mac

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
xybradley New Member • Posts: 1
Pa329c asus proart calibration accuracy issue on Mac

Hello Forum,

I recently bought a ASUS Proart PA329c monitor for my mac. I am trying to calibrate the monitor with a datacolor spyder x calibrator Asus’s hardware calibration software"proart calibration" (ASUS's official tutorial is followed

). The result is pretty weird. As shown in the photo below: PA329C has much deeper green and MBP has much deeper red. Although a photo cannot reproduce the color accurately, it shows the tendency.

What's more, neither P3 nor Adobe rgb can pass the wide gamut test. Even not the built in pa329c profile (https://www.wide-gamut.com/test).

Another thing I noticed is that, whenever I use the "ASUS Proart calibration" software, MacOS will automatically jump to the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 profile and cannot switch unless the software. Is it normal for a hardware calibration monitor?

BTW, in contrast, the color calibrated by Spyder own software "SpyderXPro" is very close to my galaxy phone and macbook and it can pass the wide gamut test mentioned above.

Anyone has similar experience with this monitor or any other monitors? Is it ASUS calibration software's fault or mine? Should I just use the profile calibrated by Spyder's software?

Thank you very much!

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow