New to Canon - Need Advice on Kit

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bowenphoto Junior Member • Posts: 27
New to Canon - Need Advice on Kit

Hi everyone!

After years of shooting Nikon (since my dad got me a Nikon camera in high school), I made the switch to the Canon R6 II this week. I thought long and hard about it and after a few days of testing think I will make the change. So far I have loved the camera!

The impetus for the change is for the autofocus and handling/interface of the Canon R6 that I really appreciate (along with advice from some of my photographer friends). I have a newborn at home and wanted a camera I could use to photograph her as she grows up, and the autofocus of my Nikon Z6 was struggling. In addition to pictures of my family, I shoot landscapes, events and lifestyle shoots (restaurants etc).

For lenses, I purchased the RF 24-70 f2.8, 35 f1.8 and 50 f1.2. So far I really love the RF 50 1.2 as it's noticeably lighter then my Nikon 50 f1.2 S and just as sharp/dreamy. In your opinion, What should my next lens be? I am trying to decide between the RF 70-200 f4 or f2.8.

I am thinking of either getting only the 70-200 f2.8 to complete my kit, or a refurbished 70-200 f4 (which seems to be a great deal on Canon's website) and a wide lens (14-35 f4) or a ef 35 1.4 II and adapting it since that lens seems great for indoor family shots.

Love to have everyone's advice! Thanks! I love these forums!

Canon EOS R6 Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow