First Birds with X-H2s

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
dark13star
OP dark13star Senior Member • Posts: 2,045
Re: First Birds with X-H2s

michaeladawson wrote:

The first four eagle shots are nice. The later ones are a little too much in shadow for me.

I agree. The sun was going down behind my right shoulder for those. Can't get much better. When the eagle flew to the denser tree, not only was it in shadow, but the sun had gone behind the mountains by the time I got to it. It was on the other side of a lake, but on my walk home.

As far as the geese go, and BIF in general, it may just be me but I don't like captures where the birds are flying away from the camera. I'm sure there examples out there where it works in the particular image.

I have far too often come home with BIF images with the birds flying away from the camera. I'm not sure why I continue to take them. I think I do it because it's practice. That, and maybe there's not a lot else out there that day.

I would tend to agree with this, but these geese were really flying at about a 45 degree angle between across and away. I mostly liked the light on them and wanted to actually test the focus. I missed the eagle's launch from the first tree, so all my shots were of it flying away. I ditched them.

These were just the first shots with a new camera, getting to know it, but the eagle ended up taking most of my attention.

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://photos.herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus TG-5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3 +14 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow