ON1 resize ai upscaling question.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
CanonFan66 New Member • Posts: 4
ON1 resize ai upscaling question.

Hi everyone. I'e been advised to reposy this qestion on the retouching forum. I have opted to purchase the 'ON1 resize ai' image-enlargement standalone software program and I'd just like to get other people's opinion on their preferred settings for the sharpening settings. I think (so far) that I prefer to select the 'Print' mode preset rather than the 'Fix focus' mode preset because the latter seems to produce an over crunchy and over-contrasty result to my TIFF files which I have already sharpened in Photoshop anyway, using a combination of Unsharp Mask and then High Pass Filter (overlay blend mode). I guess my question is in the ON1 resize program, which sharpening-type do you favour out of High Pass, Progressive and Unsharp Mask. It would be interesting to hear your opinions, although I suspect that ultimately the answer is to choose the specific settings according to the characteristics of each individual image, and just keep lookig at the preview until I find what looks best. Akso, which of the four available algorithms works best for you? Standard, Faithful, Genuine Fractals or Bicubic? Thanks in advance.

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow