Z9 and ultra high ISO

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
owenleve
owenleve Veteran Member • Posts: 3,175
Z9 and ultra high ISO

I've seen a number of posts about high ISO performance of the Z9 along with good file handling in post. I have to say at first I wasn't too stoked on higher ISO shots. I now realize how best to handle the files, both shooting and in post. Using LR, it's important to understand how your files are being imported/read by LR and processed.

I am truly blown away with the quality. I would expect to see banding/images falling apart, etc in such extreme examples. No, for fine art these may not hold up but for an event like this-totally happy with results like this. Pretty well pushed to the max on some of these but they are still clean. Like WOW. Going back to when I worked at a newspaper and was shooting with a D100/D2x, etc and you'd cringe at 800 ISO. Shooting with FAR better results at 25,600 with a sensor that's like 4x the rez.

-- hide signature --

www.courtleve.com

Nikon Z9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow