Z6II creates 2 folders on SD card

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
StevenN Senior Member • Posts: 1,534
Z6II creates 2 folders on SD card

Yesterday I was shooting an event, and I estimated I took about 65 photos. I have my Z6II set up so that .jpegs go to the SD card, and RAW files go to the CF card.

When I got home, I put my SD card into my computer and went to download my photos. Inside the DCIM folder was a folder labeled 100NZ6_2. But when I opened this folder, there were only 38 photos in it. What happened to the others, I thought?

I remembered the last couple of photos I took, and went to look for them in the folder, but they weren't there. Before breaking into a panic and searching my CF card, I looked back in my DCIM folder and noticed that there was a second folder labeled 101NZ6_2. I looked in this folder and there were the remaining photos.

Why did my camera split the photos between 2 folders?

Btw, while taking one of the photos -- a veteran playing Taps on a bugle -- with my 24-200mm lens, the camera focused on him, I took a shot, and then the camera went out of focus. No matter how many half-presses of the shutter I did, the camera simply refused to focus. But after about 30 seconds, the camera started focusing again. At one point I resorted to turning the manual focus ring and was able to get some shots. But I was surprised that Focus Peaking didn't turn on as I focused manually. I guess that only works when the camera is in Manual Focus mode.

-- hide signature --

StevenN

StevenN's gear list:StevenN's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Coolpix S9700 Nikon D750 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM5 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GX85 +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow