A7RIV vs A7IV suitability for general purpose, lowlight, and street photography?

Started Dec 4, 2022 | Discussions thread
ARB1
ARB1 Veteran Member • Posts: 3,875
Re: A7RIV vs A7IV suitability for general purpose, lowlight, and street photography?

Jaw3000 wrote:

The newer cameras - the A7IV and RV - have the swivel/tilt screen that will fold inwards and cover the LCD (like the Canons). The older models (A7R IV) have the tilt-only screen where the LCD is always exposed on the back.

I almost never use my LCD unless shooting stealth street or shooting very low or from above so being able to tuck away the screen is a nice feature for me, and that RV LCD is pretty darn slick.  The RV may finally drive me to upgrade from my R2, it seems like a camera that could cure my GAS for some time to come.

-- hide signature --

Allen

ARB1's gear list:ARB1's gear list
Sony a7R V Sony FE 28mm F2 Sigma 85mm F1.4 DG GN Sony FE 35mm F1.4 GM Sony FE PZ 16-35mm F4 G +1 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow