Atomos Shinobi / Ninja users please help

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
bleachfix
bleachfix Regular Member • Posts: 297
Atomos Shinobi / Ninja users please help

I'm using a Shinobi as a monitor when shooting video. Nice monitor but I have some weird issues.

I have loaded the Fuji Flog conversions luts on the monitor. Never neen able to use them. I generally use the Flog view assist of the XT4.

The problem is this:

If I record in FLOG and send FLOG to HDMI the monitor conversion using the LUT is way too contrasty.

But if I record in Eterna and send FLOG to HDMI the monitor conversion is spot on. I found this out as I wanted to check the diffrence between the monitor conversion and in camera eterna.

Note that when I do this test I'm not using the flog view assist.

Why is this a problem? I can predict comments saying 'just use Flog view assist', and yes it is a a way to do this but the exposure tools are on the 'assisted feed' and not the flog, so you have less info on the full dynamic range you are actually recording.

Another weird thing is that the image on the monitor is different if I I record eterna and output etrna on hdmi AND if I record log and output Eterna on HDMI. In the second case the image is too contrasty on the monitor. (This is with flog view assist OFF as this tool isn't available when having different profiles going to SD and HDMI).

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow