1 small bag, 2 weeks. Washington DC. Gear suggestions?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Funkmon
Funkmon Regular Member • Posts: 426
1 small bag, 2 weeks. Washington DC. Gear suggestions?

Okay guys, you have my gear list in my signature. I have extremely limited space. As in I have one small backpack. 2 pants, 2 shirts, 2 underwear, 2 socks, a cell phone charger and cables, and my camera stuff. That's it.

Bringing the E-M1 and the E-P7, but could conceivably bring more, but probably a bad idea. I shoot medium wide and normal typically.

Going to do some street photography and random tourist crap. I'll be going alone.

I only have two definite brings.

1. The 17mm 1.2

2. The 70-300 (I want to get pictures of the grotesques on the national cathedral and crap).

At this time, due to size constraints, I'm bringing the Panasonic 12-32 baby lens from the GM1 and the 20mm 1.7 on the cameras with the bigger lenses in the bag.

While I use the 20mm regularly, I don't think autofocus is going to be there for the street photography I want to do, unless I do an F/8 and be there approach. But it is very small in case I think I can't bring a big camera somewhere. Great focal length for me. I'll be upgrading to the Olympus when it drops in price used.

I could conceivably run the 12-40, drop the 17 1.2 and replaced the tiny zoom with the 17 1.8 or the 25 1.8 or the 25 1.4.

I will also have my phone of course, which is the Pixel 7 meaning I can shoot raw wide angle and it will look okay. With this in mind, if we think it's a good idea, I can drop the standard zoom entirely and bring a bit of overlap but size flexibility. I could maybe run a 17 1.8, 17 1.2, 70-300, 25 1.8, or even drop the third lens and pop in the fisheye.

I could also just go extremely small sizes. GM1 and the big Tele, E-P7 with 20mm with spare 17 1.8 and 25 1.8, or, again, no spares and just power through on the strength of the 20.

That being said, I do want a weather sealed lens. I don't think it's necessary but if you got em you might as well bring em you know?

Funkmon's gear list:Funkmon's gear list
Olympus E-M1 III Olympus PEN E-P7 Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50mm 1:2.0 Macro Olympus Zuiko Digital ED 50-200mm 1:2.8-3.5 SWD Olympus 25mm F1.2 +17 more
Olympus E-M1 Panasonic Lumix DMC-GM1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow