XH2 and Geotagging with Fuji

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
RadiantIris Forum Member • Posts: 76
XH2 and Geotagging with Fuji

I’ve recently been taking a very hard look at the XH2. The 8k capability is the primary driver along with some other possible benefits. (not a video shooter, just something I want to play with)

I do have a need to geotag my photos and I’ve been trying to understand how this works with Fuji cameras. I’ve searched this forum, the web and downloaded the manual for the remote app from the Fuji website. Found a good bit of info, but not sure what’s outdated or current. The info I could find on the Fuji site (manual and knowledge base) didn’t appear to contain what I was looking for either.

I’m very familiar with using a data logger and matching photos, etc. My current primary camera has built in GPS, so that makes the workflow real easy. I’ve never used any phone apps for this function and based on the information I’ve been able to gather, I’m still not clear on whether the Fuji app operates like using a data logger or behaves more like having a built in GPS.

I’ve seen some comments that the communication between the phone and camera operate in some sort of batch mode, so the reliability of the data can be questionable. On the other hand, I’ve seen some comments indicating no problems with updating the data.

If there is anyone that uses and understands how this works with an XH2, I sure would appreciate any feedback.

-- hide signature --

Thanks,
Vic

RadiantIris's gear list:RadiantIris's gear list
Olympus E-3 Olympus E-520 Olympus E-5 Olympus E-M1 II Olympus OM-D E-M1X +12 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow