What FF mirorless has the sharpest kit lens?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Rambow
Rambow Senior Member • Posts: 2,798
What FF mirorless has the sharpest kit lens?

Call me crazy but i'm looking to sort of maybe buy a entry level FF camera. Don't need it, but i am tempted nonetheless, since i wanted one since the days of the canon 5D.

Now FF is expensive territory for me and i worry about lens availability, so i am asking you this: what company provides the sharpest kit lens?

I have considered getting a sony A7 II but the kit lens seems rubbish and sony color is my least favorite. I am also looking at the Nikon Z5, which is slightly more expensive but is newer, has nice colors and i think the kit lens, although slow, is sharp enough that i don't need to replace it with anything else.

Then there is Canon RP, no info on their kit lens.

Other options? No ideea.

I am clueless here, all i know is that i want a decent FF camera for stills with good jpeg color and iso performance and preferably a sharp kit lens. Speed and video are not important, but getting a sharp image is. The camera and lens don't have to be new or the latest generation but i don't see any deals on the used market, at least not in Europe.

What would you do?

Rambow's gear list:Rambow's gear list
Sony Mavica FD-71
Sony a7 Sony a7 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
MOD Mako2011
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow