Friday's last frame

Started 1 month ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 30,984
Friday's last frame

I visited Jones Beach on Long Island's South Shore on Friday. It was a lovely cool day and super quiet. I saw two fisherman, a few gulls and the serf and duns during the first hours of my walk. Even at the West End Jetty, a place where birds usually gather I found nothing till I had walked along the rock wall almost to the trail I like to exit on. There I found two sandpipers resting on the rocks. I shared there photo yesterday. Just before sunset a flock of about 25 sandpipers made up of both dunlin and sanderlings arrived. I photographed them with the sun behind them creating specular highlights and while it was fun I need to work on this to make the images sing. I may share them in another thread. After the sun set the sky was amazing near the horizon and I took this image getting down low to align the single sand piper with the sky.

Comments and suggestions welcome,

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-H2S Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II XF 90mm +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow