Brightness of Monitor and Pictures

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Nabilon Forum Member • Posts: 73
Brightness of Monitor and Pictures

Hello,

I have difficulties to set the correct brightness in my images, I have the impression that in general I am editing images too dark, but I am not 100% sure if they really are.

I have a LG Ultrafine 27UN880 Monitor, and it has two different settings for "Black Level", "low" and "high". I was reading that it should be set to high for image processing, as low is compressing the colors. However, in high, the blacks are not really black, the monitor is shining a bit grey. When I set it to low, the blacks are really black, but I have the impression that colorful pictures do not look as nice.

Anyway, when I edit dark pictures, where my intention is also to have a lot of black in the pictures, and I am looking at the pictures later on my phone, they turn out much darker on the phone. But of course, there it also depends on the brightness level. It automatically is set to a rather low brightness in an inside room. If I push the brightness all the way up on the phone, the picture looks perfect.

So now I am a bit confused, as everyone is looking at pictures with different brightness settings, how should I edit my pictures?

I attached two examples. The first one, the dark one, is how it looks nice to me on my monitor. I had the intention that the figure comes out of the dark background.

But on my phone, it was too dark. So I edited a second version much brighter, which looks good on my phone at lower brightness levels:

Now, which one is "correct" ? Any advices ?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow