Contemporary alternatives to the Sony RX100 series

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Kees1948 Forum Member • Posts: 85
Contemporary alternatives to the Sony RX100 series

We used to own a RX100MkIII, a camera that first came out 8 years ago.
Mainly used by my wife, who especially liked the compactness, the pop up viewfinder and the great image quality. I used it from time to time, liked the fast (at WA) lens and image quality.
It got lost/stolen, not sure. She wants to replace it, was happy to consider the same or upgraded same e.g. MkV or Mk Vi or Mk Vii.
But I note the MkVII is quite expensive, and already three years old since it came out. Also, I don't really like the new lens, slower than the III or V. But even the V, if we can find one, is getting quite long in the tooth, technology changed a lot since then, I wonder if there is a more modern alternative that is nearly as light and compact, similar image quality and comparable low light capacity. And preferable and optical viewfinder like the RX100....
Tall order, I know, but can anyone make a suggestions?  can be other then Sony, but good quality build.
We like the build quality of the RX100. I had my first Sony Cybershot about 23 years ago , a 505, then a 707, years later a NEX 5N, which was a bit flimsy. The RX100 series was a lot more robust!
My own larger cameras started 54 years ago with a Minolta SRT101 (?), followed by a series 1 Leicaflex, via Canon, Nikon, Canon 5D MkII, now using a Fuji XT3 and a X100F....
But this question is about a small hi quality compact.....

Fujifilm X100F Fujifilm X-T3 Sony RX100
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow