Comparison Charts of Lenstip resolution data for Primes

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
awmaster10 Regular Member • Posts: 131
Comparison Charts of Lenstip resolution data for Primes

Hello all,

I found Lenstip to be a very useful resource for lens testing. Major caveat is that lenses are tested on different bodies, so take all results with a grain of salt.

They have a comparison tool on their website, but sometimes I like to have more control over my comparisons.

So I plugged a bunch of data for M43 prime lenses into Excel and made it into a stacked bar graph that can be filtered to compare any M43 primes based on resolution as tested by Lenstip.

I do not know if this will work, but here is a link to the spreadsheet if you want to play around and compare lenses: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1ef8L0_kqtcGTpCK7jxbrYk-WRlVY9boe/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=104096132891535567836&rtpof=true&sd=true

But if that does not work, I will attach some comparisons I found meaningful.  Each bar has edge sharpness in dark and center sharpness in light color.

I only took values from the major F stops. So for f1.2 lenses the value is at f1.4, the f1.2 data is thrown out. And for f1.8 and f1.7 lenses the first datapoint is f2, so that they can be compared against the other lenses that do not have measurements at f1.8. This is better for the data in my opinion as most of these lenses perform much better stopped down just to the next standard value.

Wide

Wide Standard

Standard Plus

50MM Equivalent

85MM Equivalent

Short Tele

All 85mm +

Any observations stand out to you? I noticed that the Oly pro lenses deserve the praise they get. They are all great performers.

awmaster10's gear list:awmaster10's gear list
Olympus E-M5 II Fujifilm X-T20 Panasonic Lumix DC-GX9 Panasonic Lumix G X Vario PZ 45-175mm F4.0-5.6 ASPH OIS Sigma 30mm F2.8 EX DN +8 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow