First Birds with X-H2s

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
dark13star
dark13star Senior Member • Posts: 2,045
First Birds with X-H2s

I've been away from photography for a while. Life can be complicated. A couple of weeks ago, I finally got back to some wildlife shooting at the Wildlife Sanctuary in Keensburg, CO with my X-T3 and it helped spark the need to get back out there.

I love the manual dials of my Fuji cameras, but since I enjoy birding, I decided to grab an X-H2s. It came in yesterday and my settings are far from dialed in (I do have Morris's custom focus settings though). I popped on my 100-400 with 1.4 TC and walked the block up to Denver's City Park. My goal was to practice BIF on geese and gulls, but for the second year in a row, we have a migratory bald eagle wintering in the park. I ended up spending most of my time with it.

I purposefully left the camera in subject recognition for birds and multi-shot bursts with AF-C on, to see how it worked to go from static to moving subjects. Big mistake for the sheer number of photos I shot. With no shutter sound (ES) and set to 30FPS, I ended up with over 3K of photos and ended up scanning though them quickly to find a few keepers.

The good news is the AF-C and bursts finally seem to work with static subjects. At least I always had trouble with them in the past for perched birds.

Thanks for looking. I think I'm going to love this camera.

-- hide signature --

"I would be an historian as Herodotus was." -Charles Olson
http://photos.herodot.us

dark13star's gear list:dark13star's gear list
Fujifilm X100S Olympus Tough TG-4 Olympus TG-5 Fujifilm X-E1 Fujifilm X-T3 +14 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow