How I get sharp action images with my X-H2s

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Morris0
Morris0 Forum Pro • Posts: 31,209
How I get sharp action images with my X-H2s

BobsYourUncle and I have been discussing that a number of members, some with new equipment have been struggling to get the results they want. We decided to start this first in a series of threads to provide advice and a change for all the great photographers on this forum to chip in with advice. As we discuss what we do please remember that there are frequently different methods and no absolute correct why though there are techniques that are accepted by many to work well and also things that most advise avoid.

I’m going to start with a link to my X-H2s setup for Birds In Flight. Many use it with great success.

https://www.fredmiranda.com/forum/topic/1772910/0

Here is something that may be new to you: Stay relaxed and avoid reacting quickly because you are surprised. To do this, try and spot your subject in the distance and as it gets closer track and start focus by ½ pressing the shutter or pressing your back button if you use BBF. Place your subject where you want it in the frame and don’t take a photo till it’s close. Filling most of the frame is best to avoid a crop that might not have enough detail to produce a good image. If your subject is perched or swimming, learn to recognize signs that it may fly such as turning into the wind and/or pooping. If you are using a zoom, zoom a bit wider and place the space created in the direction you expect your subject to go. This will provide a bit more time to react when your subject flies.

Morris

Morris0's gear list:Morris0's gear list
Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm X-H2S Canon EF 200mm f/2.8L II USM Nikon AF-S Teleconverter TC-17E II XF 90mm +11 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow