So should I move to L-mount for landscapes?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
Off The Mark Veteran Member • Posts: 6,596
Re: I did

pdk42 wrote:

Thanks. Some really nice shots there. I think if I cull my m43 collection then I can probably get away without too much extra cost for the L-mount lenses I'd need (16-25 or 16-28 plus the 24-105). Maybe the 70-300 later to round out the long end. Or maybe I could forsake the wider end and just add the 70-200/4 to the 20-60.

Just to play Devil's Advocate here, if you got either the 70-200 or 70-300, would you still need the m43 gear for telephoto shots?

I think also there are alternatives from Sigma as well in the longer range.

I haven't used the 20-60, but I do have the 24-105 f/4 lens. It is quite good, and I really appreciate the 1:2 close focus / semi-macro ability of the lens, the dual IS, and the minimal focus breathing* (for focus stacking photos, which I often do when taking product shots / close focus shots).

Now, I MIGHT end up getting the 20-60 lens as a street photography / holiday lens since the 24-105 f/4 is kind of big, heavy, and pretty intimidating.

*I don't remember what the minimum focus distance and focus breating are like for the 20-60. Maybe they are equal to that of the 24-105 f/4???

P.S. The photos in your flickr album are all real lovely. I have an E-M1 II and I would say you could get a bit more flexibility from your files, but the shots you have taken with your current m43 gear certainly aren't lacking anything.

-- hide signature --

What Middle School Is Really Like:
https://youtu.be/Q1Xtz5EqMuo

Off The Mark's gear list:Off The Mark's gear list
Sony a6000 Sony a5100 Sony a6300 Olympus E-M1 II Sony a6500 +16 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow