exporting 32bit files Affinity photo?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
cSalmon Regular Member • Posts: 238
exporting 32bit files Affinity photo?

Looking for advice using Affinity photo v2 exporting 32 bit photo to 8 bit, specifically setting up the 32 preview so when I export I have a good idea of how my highlight values will look. Playing with the level’s white point output I either get an exported 8bit that’s highlights are blown out or muddy gray never having a real visual reference how the 32bit-8bit conversion will look.

Within the 32-bit Preview dialog box. How does one know the exact setting the Preview exposure or gamma one should use? Is this set via trial and error or is there a specific way to set this setting so I know how the final 8bit converted file will retain the right amount of highlight values?

If anyone know of any tutorials specifically on exporting or converting 32 bit files to 16 bit or 8 bit that would be very helpful as well. Lots of videos on working 32bit but I can’t find any addressing the converting or exporting phase.

Using a calibrated 2018 MacBook Pro screen

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow