Iridient X-Transformer

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Solomon
Solomon Senior Member • Posts: 2,160
Iridient X-Transformer

When I got an X-T3 I lost my ability to import RAF files into Lightroom 5.7. My solution was to use Adobe's free DNG converter and import the DNGs into Lightroom. When I posted here about this, I learned of the Iridient X-Transformer. Since it was only $40, I picked up a copy and replaced Adobe's DNG converter with X-Transformer.
Since then I've been comparing the two raw converters. Adobe gives you no control over the conversation other than file naming. X-Trasformer gives you a lot of control, but much of it is redundant with Lightroom (though they do turn off Lightroom's mods that would have been applied for me). Adobe's converter seems about 24% faster.
I took a few shots and converted them with both utilities. The only difference between the two is a blue element in the histogram moves slightly between the two. The Iridient files blues were a little lighter. I went to the color option in Iridient and changed it from "Iridient V2" to "Adobe CC 2018." This made them identical. The Histograms between the two of them did not move. 
Since Adobe is a little faster, I think I will use it. I may play around with the options on Iridient to see if I can make it do something that isn't in the Adobe DNG Converter, but for now my take on this is that Adobe DNG converter is free and faster so I see no advantage in the Iridient X-Transformer.

Solomon's gear list:Solomon's gear list
Fujifilm X10 Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX7 Fujifilm X-E2 Fujifilm X-T3 Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS +6 more
Fujifilm X-T3
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow