Any lug/mount issue with Oly EM1 Mk III w/Oly 100-400?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
averacpa Regular Member • Posts: 215
Any lug/mount issue with Oly EM1 Mk III w/Oly 100-400?

Just got the Oly 100-400 lens and want to know the best way to carry the combo while walking/hiking through the woods, etc.. This is the heaviest combo I have and normally I have used a neck strap. My concern is the camera lugs as well as the mount can handle the weight and stress of the 100-400 lens, especially when fully extended. The Mk I version had issues with the lugs breaking, but I have not read anything about the same issue with the MK II or III. Allegedly it was improved.  Only heard about the Pany 100-400 having some mount issues.

Thinking about attaching a D-ring to the lens' foot plate and using a sling strap. Fear of that is that there is only one connection point holding the whole thing. With my old MK I version, I ran the straps through the lugs onto a RRS plate which eliminated the stress on the camera lugs. I don't have the same plate on my Mk III.

Any suggestions welcomed. Some threads mentioned using Peak design slide lite.

Olympus E-M1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow