Looking for advice for a compact travel cam that can shoot underwater.

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
Barmaglot_07 Contributing Member • Posts: 629
Re: Looking for advice for a compact travel cam that can shoot underwater.

Andy01 wrote:

How well does the touchscreen (for a phone solution) work underwater ? When I got a DJI Osmo Action (primarily as a "dashcam" for my bicycle), many of the comments I saw suggested that the touchscreen didn't work too well under water (the Osmo is waterproof to around 10m and takes around 20Mp stills from memory).

Since the only way to operate a phone is using the touchscreen, this may make things a little harder if correct ?

Most underwater phone housings do not involve using the touchscreen - instead, you run an app on your phone, connect it to the housing via Bluetooth, and use the buttons on the housing to control this app. Some cheap ones, generally model-specific, have physical buttons tapping the phone screen in specific locations when you press them. One exception is DiveVolk SeaTouch series; that one does allow you to use the touchscreen underwater. You can find a number of reviews online that rate its performance.

Barmaglot_07's gear list:Barmaglot_07's gear list
Sony a6300 Canon EF-S 60mm f/2.8 Macro USM Sony E 30mm F3.5 Macro Sony E 18-200mm F3.5-6.3 OSS LE Sony E 10-18mm F4 OSS +5 more
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow