who else is tired of the same?

Started Dec 2, 2022 | Discussions thread
tony field Forum Pro • Posts: 13,802
Re: who else is tired of the same?

photogopinion wrote:

I’m afraid I was being sarcastic.

But Cartier Bresson himself actually usually snapped more than one (though not the current Youtubers’ average going rate of around a hundred) ‘decisive moment’ to decide which was most decisive:

https://www.researchgate.net/figure/Detail-of-one-of-Bressons-negative-test-and-the-selection-in-red-of-a-decisive-moment_fig3_323925809

If you have the luxury of time, you can often make minor composition corrections with multiple shots. It Is a legitimate shooting style that he uses well. Personally I rarely can do this since the shooting is usually of something that "happens only once". You have to rely upon your own abilities for a good capture...

The same skills apply to many types of photography.

(Quick Google result, I’ve seen other of his contact sheets somewhere, but can’t remember where.)

I regret to say myself I’ve probably seen more ‘decisive moments’ when I didn’t have a camera with me than when I did. . .

-- hide signature --

Charles Darwin: "ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge."
tony

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
(unknown member)
tko
(unknown member)
Bob
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow