OM1 field review from Kenya Safari

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Neilatolds New Member • Posts: 8
OM1 field review from Kenya Safari

I have followed this forum for some time but never started a thread of my own. I have used olympus digital cameras since we originally bought a E500 almost 20 years ago. I have progressed through different olympus cameras using an EM1 Mk2 for the last 4 years, still my backup camera. I ordered my OM1 on launch day and received it with the first batch in early March. Although the menu was different and the dials a little more recessed I found it an easy transition. Because of my long experience with olympus cameras I feel I have been able to get the most out of this camera. In the summer we had the opportunity to do a 16 day safari in Kenya  where I took over 30,000 images so got real familiar with the camera. I learned what works well, when there are challenges and how to overcome the challenges.

It is because of this I have decided to write my own review. It is a little too long to post here so I am providing this link if you are interested. This review will show no charts, no studio shots, only real world images taken in the field with the OM1.

Just to give some examples of images we collected I have included a few here and where we captured them..

Masai Mara

Samburu

Tsavo

Masai Mara

Tsavo

Pied King Fisher Lake Nakuru

Malachite Kingfisher Samburu

White Throated Beeeater Samburu

OM-1
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow