Reflecting on moving away from canon.

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
PAntunes Senior Member • Posts: 1,249
Re: Reflecting on moving away from canon.

PWPhotography wrote:

Just saw this SAR report for FYI.

https://www.sonyalpharumors.com/why-two-sony-shooters-dropped-sony-for-canon/

If I were you, I'd stay with Canon. Just get R5 that actually still can withstand even A7r V despite 2 years older. DPAF has advantage in some areas such as low light, studio stop-down scenes and more accurate sometime. Canon has captured up DR and have some great lenses. I had pleasant experience to get sweet Canon factory refurbished deals that offered multiple times every year. As said had Canon go to FF ML at the same time, I'd stay with Canon. Canon is still the largest manufacturer and has the largest market share so will not go away anytime soon. You still can leverage some great EF lenses at bargain prices.

But Sony is great too. I have no regret switch years ago under circumstance then.

Good luck and enjoy photography

I think the first video illustrates perfectly why moving to sony is a smart move. After a week with a new toy and the best lenses canon has, the only two advantages the photographer mentioned was the feel of the camera and focus stacking. And he didn’t even used focus stacking.

You don’t really get anything special when paying the canon premium on top lenses, and you lose the middle lenses. And the cameras don’t perform significantly better either.

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow