Help - 55-200 vs 56 1.2

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
brownie314
brownie314 Senior Member • Posts: 2,135
Help - 55-200 vs 56 1.2

OK - I know - WTH right?  Why even compare these two - they are apples and space ships.

OK - I am on a limited budget.  I have an x-t2 and a 16-50 (not 16-55).  I am making my first major lens investment in Fuji.

I don't have a tele option on my x-t2.  I really miss that option from my Nikon days.

I also don't have a really great portrait lens.  I also miss that from my Nikon days.

Photography is definitely a hobby for me - a hobby that has been sidelined for a few years now.  I mostly just shoot candid images of my family (wife, kids, extended families).  I do some studio head shots (I have some strobes and triggers).

The 56 would be great and match my style of taking candid shots of people as they do things.  But - man - I really miss being able to throw on the tele and go out and get some really great people and landscape shots with a very versatile lens.

The other reason I am comparing these two is I can get either of them for around the same price (used of course).

Biting fingernails here - don't know which way to go.

brownie314's gear list:brownie314's gear list
Fujifilm X-T2
Fujifilm X-T2
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
xtm
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow