What lens to choose over 80+mm ?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Eagle430s
Eagle430s Regular Member • Posts: 370
What lens to choose over 80+mm ?

I am trying to decide which lens will be more helpful for me,

I own a canon r6 and r bodies , I work professionally, doing events /weddings/christenings and also a bit of studio work. I am trying to build my system with rf lenses and decide which of my ef lenses to keep.

I own the canon rf 28-70 f2, rf 35 1.8 macro , rf 50 f1.8 . For EF system I own a canon EF 16-35 F4L IS and a tamron 85mm f1.8 sp series

Most of my work is with the range of 28-70 for events weddings etc.

I am trying to decide with lens I should buy to complement the range above 70mm?

I was thinking for the rf 70-200 f2.8L , but it's a bit more expensive than the new RF 135 f1.8, I assume the 135mm prime will be sharper, but I don't know if the 135mm prime will be convenient for events, wedding portraits in church etc (space limit). ? The rf 85mm F1.2L is an excellent lens but I feel I need a bit more mm than 85mm.

I don't know if the rf 100 macro f2.8L can be used as a portrait lens for events / weddings? Maybe it has a slower autofocus as it's a macro lens? On the other hand it's well within my budget.

Any suggestions what lens will be more useful for me? ( I used to have the EF 70+200 f2.8L ii but didn't use it due to its weight and size )

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow