Rapidly taking two exposures with different shutter speeds

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
DamienBabington New Member • Posts: 19
Rapidly taking two exposures with different shutter speeds

Hi,
I'm looking for a way to take a photo with a fast shutter speed (about 1/200), then immediately, with as little delay as possible, take a second photo with a slower shutter speed (1/10 or slower).

Are there any apps that allow you to set two different shutter speeds which then triggers the camera to take both exposures one after the other?

Another option could be using a remote control that's set to a different shutter speed than the speed that's set in-camera. So I could set the camera to 1/200, press the camera's shutter release, then immediately press the shutter button on the external remote that is set to 1/10.

I tried this with the built-in Sony remote control app, but the problem is that it changes the in-camera settings simultaneously as the settings are changed in the app. A remote would only work if it changed the in-camera shutter speed only once the remote shutter release is pressed. Are there any remotes that don't simultaneously update the in-camera settings? Another issue with the Sony remote app is that it takes too much time for the first image to load in the app, so I couldn't trigger the second exposure quickly enough anyway.

I also tried using an external intervalometer to trigger the shutter. I set the intervalometer to a 1 sec exposure while having the camera set to 1/200, but that didn't work since the intervalometer used whatever setting was set in-camera, unless in bulb mode.

I then tried using the intervalometer set to 1 sec with the camera in bulb mode. This let me trigger the 1 sec. exposure with the intervalometer, so I was hoping I could somehow trigger a fast shutter speed even while in bulb mode, but when using the camera's shutter release, it doesn't seem to get faster than 1/10 in bulb mode.

I'm using a Sony A7Rii. Any suggestions would be appreciated. Thanks!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow