Things I hate about my R6 Mark II

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Caseydc Forum Member • Posts: 98
Things I hate about my R6 Mark II

I’m sure this will be a great overall camera, but the main purpose of this thread is to point out the flaws, shortcomings, or dislikes you may have with your R6 MK ii.

I have had mine for approximately 30 minutes and a couple things are already bugging me.

#1 The new toggle switch between photo and video on the left side is extremely low quality. The old power switch on the mark 1 that used to be there was black anodized metal. This new toggle switch looks like it is made of 3D printed plastic and has kind of a matte white paint on top that is bound to wear off. Some people called the Mark 1, “plastic fantastic” and this level of build quality helps it live up to that name/reputation. For $2500 this switch should have been much higher quality. Preferably metal like the mk1. Seems like a cost cutting maneuver

#2 This is my 5th RF based camera and so far every one of them has had a one or multiple dead pixels in the view finder. This is a huge pet peeve of mine. It is one of the first things I check on any Led/lcd panel. Some companies have strict qc and don’t let these things into their finished products, but I'm batting 5/5 with Canon so far, with dead pixels on every camera viewfinder.
They seem to show up on black backgrounds more so. If you want to check yours, leave your lens cap on and turn the camera to the on position. This should show your dead pixels when looking through the eye piece. In most daytime scenarios you won’t see the dead pixels but under darker conditions they do pop up and it is annoying. Unfortunately this is the one on my new R6 mkii and it is the brightest burnt one I’ve had.

Have fun shooting your new cameras, but if we can point out some of the things we dislike about our Canon cameras, then maybe the manufacturer catches wind and things get fixed eventually. Im off to test my new camera now.

Canon EOS R6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow