A couple of shots from Bhutan

Started 2 months ago | Photos thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
JohnReynolds Regular Member • Posts: 133
A couple of shots from Bhutan

I recently returned from a two-week trekking & cultural trip to Bhutan, and thought I'd share a few photos from the trip

For the trekking portion, we usually had perfectly clear blue skies for most of the trek - which was fantastic for hiking - less than ideal for photography.

Most of the scenic passes were crossed near mid-day, and descended in the afternoon, so 'golden hour' shots of these locations was challenging.

While it was tempting to linger at a couple of places for sundown, and then finish the day's trek in the dark - temperatures dropped sharply every night to -15 to -20C, so that was a *bit* of a disincentive!

For the cultural aspect, the Buddhist temples and monasteries were extraordinarily photogenic - except, understandably, no photography aside from the exteriors and courtyards was allowed.  Therefore, I'll just have to hold them in my memory - and the rest of you will have to go and see for yourselves!

C&C is always welcome

Jangothang Camp

Thombu Shong Camp

Punakha Dzong

Dodey Drak Monastery

Himalayan Ravens

And of course, the iconic Taksang (Tiger's Nest) Monastery

Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow