This is why I shoot this system

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
allematic Regular Member • Posts: 414
This is why I shoot this system

The other day I hiked a hill close to my home city. It was already late and during the descent it went completely dark to the point I had to use a flashlight in the trail. It was raining too. I found a spot with a stunning view and stopped to take some photos with my E-M1.2 and 12-100/4.

100% crop. It's not even from the center.

When I saw the photo on my computer I realized that it epitomizes all the reasons I've chosen this system for my photography:

• This shot was taken under a rainfall which as we all know is a piece of cake for the said equipment.
  • The 12-100 with its huge range has me ready for nearly everything I may encounter without having to stop and change lenses during a hike.
  • I am assured that the lens despite its range is going to give me flawless IQ in any focal length (34mm here). See 100% crop above.
  • f4 during the night without a tripod would normally be a joke, a bad one. But the insane stabilization let me use a shutter speed as slow as I need (1.6" here with little effort) to keep ISO in sensible levels (2,000) and not compromise IQ at all. The 100% crop speaks for itself.
Olympus 12-100mm F4.0 Olympus E-M1 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow