Tear of Elephant

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Peace_VN
Peace_VN Regular Member • Posts: 327
Tear of Elephant

It hurt my heart when I saw the elephant in the elephant-back tours. Here is what I saw in the news:

Authorities in Dak Lak Province, one of the Central Highlands provinces in Vietnam, are considering calling a halt to the famous elephant-back tours after accidents and animal protection concerns. According to Nguyen Thuy Phuong Hieu, deputy director of the province’s Department of Culture, Sports, and Tourism, at a recent tourism conference, the tours, which activists describe as "exploitation" of elephants, would stop.

But in reality, I saw many elephants in a private tourist attraction area. Elephants had to walk around in hot weather and eat sugar cane only - not their native food. I saw elephants being beaten. I saw them, and I can only take one picture of the tear...

By the way, nearby is the national park. With support from a British charity, they are doing a sustainable elephant tour. I was not lucky as the elephants are at rest in the forest but I had a walk. Here are some snapshots

I saw lots of birds but unfortunately, I did not take the lens with me. I was told that the park is an important site for the conservation of globally endangered species such as the Indochinese tiger, Indochinese leopard, Indian elephant, and gaur.

This fruit I don't know the name if someone knows, please help

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow