One Z6II or Two Z6s for freelance journalism?

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
tomrath Forum Member • Posts: 78
One Z6II or Two Z6s for freelance journalism?

I’m currently thinking about selling my X100F to fund my Nikon kit a bit more. I’ve got some amazing glass, including the 24-70mm 2.8S, 70-200 2.8E FL, and 35/85 1.8S, but it’s all being used on one body— my Z6. The Z6 delivers amazing images, though I feel like it might not be matching the potential of the glass that I have in terms of AF. However; this is a small gripe and overall I’ve been very happy with the results. As I start doing more freelance photojournalism and other gigs, however, I find myself at a crossroads. I could use the money from my X100F to buy a second Z6, which would allow me to use a two camera setup with the 24-70 and 70-200 which would be fantastic. I could also sell my current Z6 and buy a Z6II, which would give me dual slots, better AF, the ability to use a vertical grip, and possibly more future firmware updates. Are the upgrades of the Z6II worth it over having two Z6s? Any thoughts are greatly appreciated.

-- hide signature --

Tom Rath

tomrath's gear list:tomrath's gear list
Nikon Z6 Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 24-70mm F2.8 Nikon Z 85mm F1.8
Fujifilm FinePix X100 Fujifilm X100F Nikon Z6
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow