Buy the A7rV or wait for other bodies?

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Silat Shooter
Silat Shooter Contributing Member • Posts: 953
Buy the A7rV or wait for other bodies?

I'm tossing the decision to buy the A7rV, having sold my A7r IV.  Seems like a clear choice, but during the wait time, I picked up a clean used A6600.  It's been enjoyable to shoot with a smaller camera and I do like the rangefinder style viewfinder more, now that I've been using it.  Did take a look at the A7c, but it falls short in a few areas.   I'd be excited at a new A7c r, a smaller A7rV.  But as I'm sure I'll read here, not happening.

I have great glass for both FF and APS-C, so wondering if I should sit this purchase out (hard to do honestly - FOMO kicking in hard).   Wait to see if there's a better A9 with a little more resolution and the AF implementation, or a killer pro level APS-C body, or a properly updated A7c.

I'm definitely more photo-centric and doing video more and more but still in infant stage.  Would really like to have a camera I can use and hang onto that woks well enough for me to not feel the need to upgrade every time there's a new announcement.  Yeah, I know...likely not happening.

Curious what others here are doing in similar positions.

Silat Shooter's gear list:Silat Shooter's gear list
Sony RX100 Ricoh GR II Canon G3 X Panasonic ZS200 Ricoh GR III +46 more
Sony a7R Sony a9
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow