Potential side-effects of AA filter removal

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sirhawkeye64 Veteran Member • Posts: 9,770
Potential side-effects of AA filter removal

So, LifePIxel is running a promo for BF/CM for $75 off an AA filter removal (which brings this down to $275 for a Z6 II). Contemplating having this done, and they said that while common concerns are WB shifts, the Z6 II won't have this issue (or shouldn't at least) after they do their AA filter removal/replacement process.

I'm aware that WB shifts and possible moire are side-effects of doing such a procedure (and am OK with both of them and can work around them), but what other potential problems could i run into doing this. I'm doing quite a bit of architectural type of work with the Z6 II (part of my Urban exploration) so I've thought about having the AA filter removed (I don't shoot video, so if the AA filter is primarily for video purposes, then that doens't matter much for my use). I just want to make sure I'm not opening myself up to other potential problems. The camera is out of warranty as well, so not worried about voiding the OEM warranty.

-- hide signature --

NOTE: If I don't reply to a direct comment in the forums, it's likely I unsubscribed from the thread/article..

sirhawkeye64's gear list:sirhawkeye64's gear list
Nikon Z6 II Nikon Z7 II GoPro Hero8 Black Nikon Z 50mm F1.8 Nikon Z 14-30mm F4 +8 more
Nikon Z6 Nikon Z6 II
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow