Nikon Autofocus PSA...

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Tom Stites
Tom Stites Regular Member • Posts: 348
Nikon Autofocus PSA...

I'm posting this thread in response to a thread I recently commented on regarding AF issues a photographer is having with a Z50.

In wading through 80+ replies it is my humble opinion that no one actually touched on the reason the photographer was struggling with focus.  Everyone seemed to be focused (no pun intended) on issues of contrast or exposure or number of focus sensor sites, yada yada yada.

So, a question for those of you coming from a Dx, D500 or D850...which focus mode would you typically use for BIF, Motorsports, athletics or picking out a moving object in a cluttered, busy background?  How many of you would use Group?  The majority, I'd guess...and do you know why it works so well at that task?

What is the one mode on Nikon Mirrorless cameras that works the same way as Group in the DLSR's that have it?

I look forward seeing a few replies...

Cheers!

Tom Stites's gear list:Tom Stites's gear list
Nikon Z9 Nikon AF-S Nikkor 300mm f/2.8G ED VR II Nikon 85mm F1.8G Nikon AF-S 70-200mm F2.8E FL ED VR Nikon 500mm F5.6E PF +24 more
Nikon D500 Nikon D850 Nikon Z50
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow