What do you all think of my quoting template?

Started Nov 30, 2022 | Discussions thread
rumple
rumple Senior Member • Posts: 2,642
Re: What do you all think of my quoting template?

amateurphotographer wrote:

I don't use lengthy T&C's and just use layman terms. Contractually I may be exposed by doing this,

If someone is self-employed long enough, eventually they will end up in court.  When the judge says something like "I don't see where in the agreement the defendant has to pay for recovery costs" (e.g., the cost of enforcement: lawyers, bailiffs, process servers, asset searches), that someone is screwed.  Ask me how I know.

No agreement is perfect, nor should it need to be - good will on both sides is an essential ingredient, so choose clients with some discretion.

People are used to reading, or at least signing, legal agreements.  When my car's oil gets changed the agreement is a page of fine print, when I get a credit card the agreement is more than a page.

If someone wants to, metaphorically, drive without a seatbelt that's their business - perhaps the increased velocity of sales is sufficient to overcome the perception of risk.  But encouraging others to do the same is somewhat irresponsible.

-- hide signature --

"THINK" - Watson

Post (hide subjects) Posted by
BAK
BAK
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow