Fuji don’t push the pixels too high

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
io_bg
io_bg Senior Member • Posts: 1,508
Re: Fuji don’t push the pixels too high

inti4444 wrote:

at the moment I am happy with my xs10.

I have a variety of lenses for different uses but when I am on the path I only use one lens to restrict myself

I could be happy with like a 32 mp sensor but as for now I think I prefer fuji to improve low light usage (personal most of my pictures are shot at night actually about 85%)

Just a thought.

Happy to hear you're happy with your X-S10.

32 mp is a very minimal increase in resolution from 26 mp. It's only 10% more which no one would notice in their photos.

In the past 10 years sensors have gotten so good that the main reason for low light noise is the randomness of photons. Therefore low light performance won't get better with a lower resolution sensor. High ISO tests of the new 40 mp sensors have proven that low light performance is as good as it was with previous-gen sensors (when viewed at the same magnification).

If that's not good enough, then you'll either need a faster lens or a camera with a larger sensor.

-- hide signature --

Best,
Yoan

io_bg's gear list:io_bg's gear list
Fujifilm X-T30 Fujifilm XF 35mm F1.4 R Fujifilm XF 60mm F2.4 R Macro Fujifilm XF 18-55mm F2.8-4 R LM OIS Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS +4 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow