Revisiting Moon Shots with A7IV at 1260mm Equivalent

Started 1 month ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
gil Forum Pro • Posts: 16,806
Revisiting Moon Shots with A7IV at 1260mm Equivalent

More than 15 years ago during my P&S Zoom and DSLR BIF introductory zoom lens fun; I usually go into the process of the obligatory hand held moon shots whenever I was testing new bodies or long focal length lenses (mostly entry level gears). That was to help test the gears of course and my ability to hand hold.

Last night and tonight, I wanted to recreate that fun feeling with the newly acquired 200-600. Using the 1.4XTC and activating the 1.5X crop factor, did some hand held moon shots (single shots worked better for me than my usual short burst mostly due to still getting used to the heavier FE200-600mm compared to my default FE100-400). 1st sample image (from tonight) from RAW while the 2nd image (from last night) from JPG. Creative look setting at BW and I didn't match anymore the WB for a quick PP. Both images at 100% crop.

-- hide signature --

Cheers,
gil - San Jose, CA
95% Cheap Lens,90% JPG and 100% Handholding Provocateur
Like happiness, photography is often better created than pursued.

gil's gear list:gil's gear list
Panasonic FZ80/FZ82 Sony Alpha DSLR-A700 Olympus E-M1 Sony a77 II Sony a6600 +4 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow