New GFX 50s ii - Is it Normal for the EVF and LCD to Display Noise?

Started 2 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
sshapiro Contributing Member • Posts: 991
New GFX 50s ii - Is it Normal for the EVF and LCD to Display Noise?

I just received a brand new GFX 50s ii and it seems to be working fine. However, I noticed a couple of issues related to the EVF and LCD. The most obvious issue is that the EVF (and LCD to a smaller degree) displays random noise all over the screen. I can still see objects fine, but the quality of the EVF seems very different from what I observe in my X series cameras. I noticed that the noise disappears when I switch to the Video mode.

The one other thing I observed is very bright areas of the EVF sometimes shimmer when I am focusing.

Captured images look great, but I want to make sure the EVF and LCD are operating as expected. I can live with the noise as long as it does not indicate a defect that needs to be addressed.

I did search for this issue and found some information that might be about my concern, but the problem was described as a flashing in the EVF, which seems like a different problem.

I am not sure if it matters, but the lens I am using is a GF 35-70mm and I won't have another GF lens to test with until later this week.

ANSWER:
This question has not been answered yet.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow