A7C + manual focusing/peaking

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
DP13Photo Veteran Member • Posts: 6,214
Re: A7C + manual focusing/peaking

timo wrote:

How is the A7C viewfinder when using focus peaking - pretty much essential with ancient primes?

It’s not the biggest EVF: is this an issue?

I really love using mine. Have peaking with white color set to a function button item (though often prefer no color at all) and magnify image set to movie button...though with e-mount manual focus lenses, just a twist of the zoom activates magnify and a push of the center button magnifies it further.

I've just had my a7c since early Sept. and have been looking for the smallest lenses with great IQ. Two of the lenses I bought recently for it, which are only MF, are the Voigtlander APO-Lanthar 35/2 and 50/2...probably the two best lenses in my bag! Can't tell you how much I enjoy using them on the a7c! I had the 35/1.4 GM, a used copy, for a while but I returned it...kind of heavy and large for the a7c and my taste. The APO 35/2 replaced it (but I also got an AF Samyang 35/1.8 that is excellent) and I'm so glad I made that move. For others, however, the 35GM is their favorite lens in the whole system.

I recommend looking here as I did. I purchased many of the lenses recommended from this article. Check out the whole thing because at the bottom of the page many of the lenses including 3rd party are rated.

https://sonyalpha.blog/2021/06/11/which-are-the-best-lenses-for-sony-a7c/

edit:

One thing to keep in mind....I don't believe the a7c has a first curtain mechanical shutter available...and I  have heard that can affect rendering.

-- hide signature --

Dave

DP13Photo's gear list:DP13Photo's gear list
Sony a7 III Sony a7C Sony a7 IV Sony FE 28mm F2 Zeiss Batis 85mm F1.8 +18 more
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow