Are subsequent versions of Tamron 100-400 lens sig better than Gen 1?

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPreviousNext
Flat view
rubybgold Forum Member • Posts: 63
Are subsequent versions of Tamron 100-400 lens sig better than Gen 1?

Hi. I have a Tamron 100-400 on my Nikon D7500 and I've loved the lens since I've had it - use it for wildlife shooting mostly, and it's great because it's still light/short enough when fully extended for me to shoot handheld. I've made many wonderful very sharp images with it. Lately, I've noticed that some images I've made of further away subjects are kind of soft - even when the light is good, shutter is fast enough, etc etc. Wondering if a firmware update might help - but Gen 1 requires you send away to Tamron for that. I've heard there are subsequent generations of this lens where you can update the firmware yourself. Does anyone have direct experience with these second gen Tamron lenses? Are they easy to update? Are they as good as the Gen 1 lens? Are they better? Any direct knowledge on this very much appreciated.

Nikon D7500
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
Flat view
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow