XH2s BIF Issues - Static Brilliant

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Pixel boy Senior Member • Posts: 1,402
XH2s BIF Issues - Static Brilliant

First day out with this combo (XH2s/Fuji 150-600) when I went to the local zoo and I am really pleased with the static results for Birds/Animals. It wouldn't seem to matter whether zone or wide tracking is used with and without subject tracking, tried both focus and release.

It was a very overcast day and therefore I needed high ISO but I was pleased with the IQ.

However, while I was there a tested the AF on BIF and it gave me a very low hit rate, I am an experienced BIF/Wildlife Photographer but there may have been some user error as its my first time out. OK it was only seagulls and I had good success with BIF when only sky in the scene, however as soon as the bird came in line with trees or bushes etc it started to focus on other areas.

The last image was at 10,000 ISO and I am blown away by the ISO for a crop body!

I was only testing so didn't get any shots worth sharing but when taking shots with a busy background, focus would drop off and near impossible to recover.

How do you find the BIF/Busy background performance?

Any help appreciated.

Ignore the date in exif, I haven't changed it yet lol

Cheers

AI - De-Noise Applied!

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow