Sony A7iv Full Manual

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Geek McBean
Geek McBean New Member • Posts: 9
Sony A7iv Full Manual

I've just bought a nearly new A7iv body plus an LA-EA5 mount adapter to begin the transition from all my old Sony & Minolta(!) lenses currently used with a Sony SLT-A99. Everything I've read about the camera and a few quick tests using the adapter and my old lenses make me think I have made the right choice but there are a couple of disappointments related to the extras that Sony no longer supplies with cameras it seems.

First is the lack of an external battery charger - just a USB cable for in-camera charging. This seems very poor given the likelihood that some will use the A7iv for paid work as a budget professional camera. I see that Hahnel make a dual charger that has extra functionality and is cheaper than the basic Sony charger. Has anyone any experience of this? Any issues?

Second, and a bigger disappointment, is the lack of a proper user manual, physical or online. There is an online "Help Guide" (https://helpguide.sony.net/ilc/2110/v1/en/index.html) that you can save as a PDF but it is not nearly as usable as the comprehensive but compact printed manuals that used to come with cameras (as it did with the SLT-A99). The online version is very clunky and the downloadable PDF version is all but unusable. Is there another manual that I've not found yet?

Geek McBean's gear list:Geek McBean's gear list
Panasonic LX100 II Sony Alpha a99 Sony a7 IV Sony 100mm F2.8 Macro Tamron SP 24-70mm F2.8 Di VC USD +7 more
ANSWER:
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow