Zoom Lens Comparison Poll - Pick the 'Best' of the 'Test'

Started 3 months ago | Polls thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
OldGuy-Yuri Regular Member • Posts: 401
Zoom Lens Comparison Poll - Pick the 'Best' of the 'Test'

So, rapidly approaching the winter solstice, it's a good time for evaluation. In my case it's what to do with the 'stuff' I don;t really use much, if at all. I don;t shoot with primes.
I like zooms. And the 'normal' range of zooms is a mighty big field, and then there's 'Kit' v 'Pro'... It's hard to choose, so a get a bunch and try to whittle down... Longer Tele's are limited - so the choice becomes easier, 12 to 60/70 is harder, more available.
I do have limited resources, so buying a bunch of Pro lenses is not a possible option.
But 'which Pro' lenses are really v-good and which Kit Lenses shoot higher than their reputation?
So I did another 'Test' with what I have (not all, just some), to see what really is a 'keeper'.
All images done on EM-1-ii, ISO 400, f 5.0, FL=27/28mm, Dial on 'A', -.3 exposure comp., SS determined by camera, Lens to subject 5 ft.
Lenses in Poll/survey
Olympus Digital M.Zuiko 14-42mm f/3.5-5.6 IIr
Olympus M.ZUIKO Digital ED 14-150mm f/4-5.6 II
OLYMPUS M.Zuiko Digital ED 12-40mm F2.8 Pro
M.Zuiko ED 12-50mm f3.5-6.3 EZ
(metadata removed to make the comparison 'blind')

So, Pls Help Me Pick the Best 'Resolution' Lens ! ?

A.

B.

C.

D.

I also have 2 other lens used, LUMIX G VARIO 12-60mm / F3.5-5.6 ASPH. / POWER O.I.S., and the Olympus 14-54mm ƒ/2.8-3.5 Zuiko four-thirds with Oly M4/3 adapter. I will post those pics later, identified. I decided to not confuse the poll with more than 4 lenses.
I'll ID each choice in a few days, after some responses to the 'Poll'.
Thanks for participating !!!
Yuri

POLL
Pic A
0.0% 0  votes
Pic B
56.7% 17  votes
Pic C
13.3% 4  votes
Pic D
30.0% 9  votes
  Show results
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow