Use Sony A7r5 roadshow to ask for A1 firmware upgrade

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
mkfed
mkfed Regular Member • Posts: 217
Use Sony A7r5 roadshow to ask for A1 firmware upgrade

First I want to say that the new A7r5 is amazing. The new tilt screen and freely configurable "exposure compensation dial" are nice hardware upgrades. Also I believe it had one more customisable button than my A1. User interface is very snappy and images looked great. Mostly played with the new focus bracketing.

Which brings me to the topic, talking to the Sony representative he said they are aware that customers are not happy that the flagship is lagging with lots of features that are just software. He reported it to the higher-up and they apparently said yes we're aware, there's work happening - but not more. I invite everyone that also wants focus breathing compensation, focus bracketing, animal eye AF in video, Firmware upgrades from sd-card and all the other software-only stuff in the A1 to tell their respective Sony reps. Repeatedly asking the higher-ups seems to have an effect, which one I don't know, I hope it's not an A1 markII but an actual firmware upgrade anyways if we gently push Sony they might understand that software is just as important as hardware to sell stuff nowadays.

mkfed's gear list:mkfed's gear list
Sony a1 Samyang 12mm F2.0 NCS CS Sony FE 90mm F2.8 macro Sony FE 100-400mm F4.5-5.6 Sony FE 35mm F1.8 +5 more
Sony a1 Sony a7 Sony a7R
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow