OMDS/Oly AF Home - useless?

Started 3 months ago | Questions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Bassam Guy Veteran Member • Posts: 4,612
OMDS/Oly AF Home - useless?

I've encountered this problem every time I have tried to use the AF Home function on my E-M5 II & III and E-M1 III:

Suppose I'm using a centered 5x5 AF target with C-AF. I have AF home set up as a centered single point with S-AF. That way, I can toggle between these two oft-used AF setups.

I press my AF Home button and get the expected single point S-AF. If I move the AF target to another point (say top-left), the AF Home button now toggles between "centered single point with S-AF" and "top-left single point with S-AF". The 5x5 C-AF setting is gone. I would expect that it toggle between "top-left single point with S-AF" and "5x5 C-AF". That is not at all what I want. Am I missing something about how this is intended to be used?

Bassam Guy's gear list:Bassam Guy's gear list
Olympus E-M5 III Olympus E-M1 III Olympus M.Zuiko Digital 45mm F1.8 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 12mm 1:2 Olympus M.Zuiko Digital ED 60mm F2.8 Macro +8 more
ANSWER:
Olympus E-M1 Olympus E-M5 II Olympus E-M5 III
If you believe there are incorrect tags, please send us this post using our feedback form.
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Post (hide subjects) Posted by
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow