Using Sigma 16-28 and 28-70 DG DN Zooms on 61 Mpixel bodies

Started 2 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Steve W Veteran Member • Posts: 6,873
Using Sigma 16-28 and 28-70 DG DN Zooms on 61 Mpixel bodies

I own a lot of Sony glass like the FE 24-70/2.8 GM and other GM primes that I use on my Sony A1s. When I got a A7C and A7IV I also added as a backup for a second kit the Sigma 16-28/2.8 and 28-70/2.8 DG DN Contemporary zooms. On the 24 Mpixel an 33 Mpixel bodies they help up with very good image quality and light to carry kit. Since then though I sold my A7IV and also my A7IV and I'm planning on getting an A7RV I think.

My questions is do these Sigma lenses hold up on the higher 61 Mpixel sensor?  I honestly never tested them on my A7RIV which of course I should have but they lived in my car/street kit with the A7IV and A7C so I just didn't know. I do plan to test now explicitly on my A1's 50 Mpixel sensor since I don't have the A7RV yet, but that's use on a A7RV would become the primary use I think. So I'm wondering if anyone has experience with either of them on a high resolution sensor. If so I would appreciate feedback from your experience. Thank you in advance.

Steve

-- hide signature --

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe! - Words to live by. Albert Einstein

Steve W's gear list:Steve W's gear list
Fujifilm X-E3 Canon EOS R5 Sony a7C Sony a1 Sony a7R V +55 more
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow