Hasselblad production delays

Started 3 months ago | Discussions thread
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
Shawn2022 New Member • Posts: 1
Hasselblad production delays

Has anyone heard anything about Hasselblad's delays on their new XCD 55mm f2.5 andXCD 90mm f2.5 lenses?

I am based in Dubai and put deposits on these two lenses September 8th and was told these lens would be arriving in September. Then I was told the 90mm would be delayed until Nov 1 but 55mm should come earlier. Now we are rolling into December and the Hasselblad distributor here in Dubai has no information as to why these lenses are still not ready or how much longer the wait will be.

I am also feeling a bit let down by this brand since they advertised the X@D body with "face detection" capabilities, but once I received my order I learned that the body does not offer the face detection and that this will come at a later time with firmware update.

I am happy overall with the new X2D, but can't help feeling disappointed that the body was not marketed correctly, and the lenses seem to be delayed much longer that what customers were led to believe.

Does anyone know what the story is regarding the delays?

ForumParentFirstPrevious
Flat view
ForumParentFirstPrevious
Keyboard shortcuts:
FForum PPrevious NNext WNext unread UUpvote SSubscribe RReply QQuote BBookmark MMy threads
Color scheme? Blue / Yellow